Looking to plan the ultimate trip to Africa? Whether you’re looking for breathtaking scenery, exotic wildlife, or vibrant culture, there are endless places to visit in this incredible continent. Here are just a few of our top picks for the top 30 places to visit in Africa.
1. Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Located on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls is one of the most dramatic and awe-inspiring sites in all of Africa. Known as “the Smoke that Thunders,” this massive waterfall is over 1 mile wide and plunges nearly 400 feet into the Zambezi River below. Visitors can enjoy numerous activities here, from whitewater rafting and bungee jumping to helicopter tours and safari drives through nearby national parks.
2. Cape Town, South Africa. Considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Cape Town offers stunning natural beauty and a rich cultural heritage. Travelers can explore historic sites like Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for many years, or visit the colorful neighborhood of Bo-Kaap to experience local culture and cuisine. Outdoor enthusiasts will also love exploring the verdant Table Mountain National Park and hiking along its scenic trails or cycling through its charming vineyards.
3. Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. Located in northern Tanzania, Serengeti is home to some of the most diverse wildlife habitats on the planet. Travelers can go on safari to view lions, elephants, giraffes, and much more in their natural habitat, or head to the Ngorongoro Crater for some of the best wildlife viewing opportunities on the continent.
4. Sahara Desert, Morocco. With its rolling sand dunes and historic Berber villages, the Sahara is a must-visit destination for any travelers looking to experience Africa at its wildest. Travelers can hike through this vast desert landscape or take a tour of one of its many ancient cities, including Marrakesh and Ouarzazate.
5. Djemaa el Fna, Morocco. Located in the heart of historic Marrakech, Djemaa el Fna is one of the most vibrant and exciting public squares anywhere in the world. Travelers can come here to enjoy an incredible variety of local food and drink, from traditional tagines and fresh fruit juices to freshly grilled kebabs and sweet Moroccan pastries. Whether you’re looking for a fun night out with friends or simply want to immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of Morocco, Djemaa el Fna is not to be missed.
So if you’re looking for an unforgettable trip that will take you off the beaten path and let you experience all the best that Africa has to offer, then be sure to put these top 30 places to visit in Africa on your travel bucket list today!